Friday, February 18, 2011

2 More Kits & A Block

This morning I got two more quilt kits finished off. I had them both started yesterday but needed another piece of green fabric to finish one and ran out of time before I needed to head into town for a haircut so I couldn't finish the second. After the haircut I got the green fabric and after stopping at three stores found a carrot button for the snowman on the relay quilt and some little black buttons for his eyes and buttons. I also got a couple other items that I happened to see while I was out and about.

Here is a picture of the two completed kits. The one on the left uses carnation fabrics I got from my sister and husband for my 50th birthday from Northcutt's Flower of the Month line. The kit on the left is made from 4 fabrics that my daughter gave me as a gift a couple of years ago.

As you can see, these fabrics have been around for a while and it is about time I got something done with them!!!!!

Here is the block I made from my chosen layer cake for a current round robin. I have had the layer cake for over a month but I was struggling with what kind of blocks I wanted. I toyed with the idea of making my blocks into a table cloth but I changed that to making a placemat out of each block. The white behind my block is a piece of pellon showing the size and shape of the finished placemats.

No comments: