Monday, August 15, 2011

Ready to Hang

Here is the Geese Atop Your Cabin quilt all finished. Today I put a hanging sleeve on it and this coming weekend it will hang on the stage at our local bluegrass festival.
I finished all the painting over the weekend so that today I treated myself to a day with no 'hard' work. Instead I added borders to a quilt and then got two quilts basted and quilted this afternoon. One of them got the binding on it also and the other should get its binding tomorrow. 

Later in the week things will get a bit crazy. Wednesday is the last summer fun night at church so I will need to get the quilt finished right after that. Then on Thursday we will be tying the quilt with the daycare kids and I will need to get the binding on that and have it ready by Monday so the kids can see it finished and we can start selling drawing tickets. We are using it to raise money to help defray the freight costs for LWR quilts, health kits and school kits.

On top of all that my daughter and the grandkids and granddog will be arriving on Friday. My daughter is spending the weekend so she can attend her 10 year high school reunion and the kids will stay through next week. My grandson is starting Kindergarten the week after that so this will be their last week long stay for awhile. It is amazing how quickly they grow up!

No comments: