Saturday, December 25, 2010

Two Christmas Gifts Received

This is the little quilt I made for my sister for Christmas. I saw the pattern in a magazine several years ago and found it online at the magazine's site and drew it up on graph paper so I could make it 'someday' since the magazine was no longer available. Well, someday arrived a couple of weeks ago when I decided to make it for my sister. If anyone knows what magazine it came from I would be happy to acknowledge that here. I told my sister that this is definitely a '10-foot quilt', meaning that it looks good as long as you are at least 10 feet away! The points don't match well but it is mostly because it is made quite small - only about 14" X 18". I think if I enlarged it, it would turn out better so I may try it again some time soon. it was very confusing getting it all laid out correctly.

This is the one I made for my niece, Brita - the one who came and worked so hard for me this summer.
This is from the book Dare to be Square. In fact it is the cover quilt, though I did change it a little so that the breast would be made up of short 'feathers' and the rest is longer ones. This was a fun quilt to make!

No comments: