Monday, February 23, 2009

Quilt Retreat Part 1

It has been quite a while since I posted and I am sorry! I was just busy and not in my sewing room very much. I did get another top quilted on the long arm and the binding is on it but I have not finished the handsewing on any of those three bindings because I have been working on getting things ready for our accountant while watching TV instead of doing that hand sewing.

I also spent time getting projects ready to take to the quilt retreat which was this past weekend. I had just enough projects for this retreat but only because I was sick for most of the retreat! The first two nights I was in bed by 8:30 and though I got up at around 6-6:30 in the mornings I was back in bed by 8:30-9 AM! On Saturday I stayed in bed most of the day dozing and doing a little reading or just laying there.

On the up side I really liked my new SewEzi table. My one big project that I worked on was a rail fence top made of many, many 1.5" X 3.5" pieces. As you can see in the second picture, I discovered that when chain piecing smaller pieces they just naturally feed themselves down through the back carrying handle of the table which I though was great because you don't end up with a knotted pile of pieces after doing several hundred!

What I discovered when I ran out of bobbin thread though was even better! I checked on the floor to see if any unsewn pieces had fallen down and discovered this 'wreath' of pieces. And it happens every time when the pieces are fed through that little handle. They form a nice circle and so don't get tangled up at all!

Later today I hope to get pictures taken of the things I worked on and will continue with my retreat update soon.

No comments: