Friday, June 7, 2013

Relay Wrap-up, Grad Quilts, Yard Work

I made it through Relay last weekend! And making it is a good description. We started setting up at 3 pm on Friday and then took everything down at noon on Saturday. In between there was lots of walking and very little sleeping! As of today our team raised over $3900! Pretty happy about that! Personally I raised over $2000. That is a lot of owl hats, owl purses, quilts and other crafts!

Yesterday I finished the grad quilts. Here are the two denim ones.
And here is one of the two plaid/flannel ones. The other has already been given to its new owner.
As for the yard work I have been plugging away at the flower bed and finally got the weeding done there. I am hoping to get a load of bark delivered soon to get it covered to avoid doing all that weeding again next year! 

I have also been working in the garden some. I weeded the radishes, carrots and onions yesterday. I pulled some of the radishes to thin them some and planted beans and the starts of cucumbers/squash that I planted a few weeks ago and some more carrots and brussel sprouts. I also planted the boysenberry plants I bought at a garage sale a few weeks ago.

Today I got started on some more flower beds. I did some rearranging of plants to better spots and tried again to get rid of that ornamental grass that was one of my worst gardening decisions ever! I will keep trying though!

3 comments:

Renate said...

I have just seen your beautiful denim quilts made from squares. How beautiful!!!!
Renate from Germany

Shelli said...

I LOVE that your denim squares is STILL popular! :) I found it again on Pinterest, and thought of you fondly.

Hope you are well.

Best,
Shelli

MONA MENA said...

Really love quilts! Thanks for share the pattern my email is llvllonalisa5@gmail.com