Sunday, January 3, 2016

New Year, New Start

As we begin a new year, I have resolved that I need to spend more time in my sewing room and also more time sharing what I do in the sewing room with those that read my blog. 

To be able to spend more time in my sewing room I needed to figure out how to spend less time on my computer and the first change is that I have put my stained glass denim quilt pattern on Etsy. In my last post I estimated that I had sent the pattern out to more than 2000 quilters. That number has increased markedly with the advent of Pinterest and Facebook. There are day I get 30-50 emails or comments on my blog. Add to that the fact that I am working close to full time and I want to spend time with my grandson and other family members and you might see why I had to come up with a more automated method of sharing the pattern. Etsy seemed like the right answer. I will still be available via email to people who have questions as they use the pattern and would still love to get pictures and most importantly, I will still be giving most of the money received from the pattern to charity. 

I have had a couple people who have been upset with me because of the change but I have to make the decision based on me, not them.

So if you are interested in getting a copy of the pattern go to my Etsy shop and add the pattern to your cart!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you!!!!! Take care and have a wonderful year!

Liz B said...

But what IS your Etsy shop? Can't find it in the blog post.

susan said...

Wow you are one busy Grandma! An inspiration. It's nice to read that your grandson requested a visit from you! Sorry I didn't read your post for the pattern not being available anymore, I guess that many people and our requests would take up too much time, time better spent with your grandson! I am trying to figure out how to follow you on Blogger?

Unknown said...

have a wonderful year!loved your writing

Mom D said...

You shouldn't feel remotely bad for putting your pattern on Etsy. You have been exceedingly generous and clearly you spent a lot of time sending the patterns out. Enjoy grandmotherhood!