Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Planning and Packing

The company is all gone and the guest room is a sewing room again. We had a great time with my brother and his wife this past week - sometimes just sitting around and visiting but also getting some things done. They headed out very early yesterday morning without a sound. Yesterday I got the towels and sheets washed and other laundry folded and also got started thinking about what to bring to the quilt retreat.

I was planning on working with the leftover HSTs from this quilt, turning them into Lady of the Lake blocks but there is still lots of trimming to do. I did some trimming yesterday but determined I have too much to do today and tomorrow to spend all my time at it. I have pulled out some other projects and, so far, I have decided to bring a bin of scraps and work on 6.5" crazy quilt blocks - at least for a start. Other possible projects include a bag of batik scraps from a yard sale, my birthday quilt, this summer's color blocks, and maybe some mini card trick blocks. I will probably find other options further down in the piles too!

I finished the hand quilting on my round robin Christmas quilt last night and got the pom-poms sewn on the santa hats. I started on the little bows on the tree in the middle but got too tired. I still need some kind of cording for the string of lights across the top and then it will be done. I think! That will be one of the quilts I use for the trunk show I will be doing at the retreat. I am just bringing a few bigger quilts and showing more the doll and mini quilts I have received in swaps and round robins.

No comments: