Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Home Again

I managed to get on the road last Wednesday by 10 and finally got home yesterday evening at 5! It was fun being our daughter and almost-son-in-law's first overnight guest at their little cabin. The next morning we did a little grocery shopping and then I headed to camp for the retreat. I figured I would be the first person there since I was only 5 minutes away and I was early but there were a lot of eager beavers just like me! I got settled in and started working on my first project. I worked on it all day and the next morning when I had all of one type of block done I discovered that they were 6.5" X 7.5" instead of 6.5" square! I needed to do some ripping and trimming and didn't want to waste my retreat time on that so I moved on to the next project.

I was really hoping to get one top together but that was just not meant to be but I did get all the pieces together for the next top and I hope to get the top put together today once I have it laid out on the floor. Once all the pieces were together I got the bindings machine sewn on the 5 quilts I brought along.

As always there was much laughing and talking in the quilting room. Not the least of which was wedding planning. I think we are pretty organized for the big weekend. I even found a nice blue top and a black pin-striped jacket to wear at the wedding.

I also got to spend a little time with my oldest daughter and my grandbabies so the weekend was a success in spite of the lack of sewing results!

1 comment:

susan said...

oh im sorry your blocks werent square, its good you just moved on tho :o). it sounds like you had a truly wonderful weekend. i have never been to a retreat...i think i need to do it, soon!