Sunday, May 15, 2011

Yard work and a finished top

I have been working on the quilt that I was commissioned to make but we got two days with sunshine so I had to take advantage and get outside for a while. With the help of my friend's 19 year old son I got one row of my strawberries dug up, thinned and replanted. I also got some mowing done and some other weeding. Late yesterday afternoon the rain came back with a vengeance so I am glad I got done what I did.

This week I have worked to get more of the 'blocks' for the quilt finished and by Wednesday I had them done. So Thursday and Friday I worked to turn this:
and this:
into 35 rows and Friday, Saturday and today I put those together into this!
I am going to set this aside to get a couple of other projects finished but I hope to have this one done by the end of the month.

1 comment:

Jody said...

The colors remind me of my graduation quilt! (Which is most sadly beginning to deteriorate.) :(