Monday, August 22, 2011

Busy, busy, busy!

Last week I was pleased to get all the quilts finished that needed to be finished. The first two finish were these two comfort quilts. Once things settle down I hope to get some 'guy' ones and kid ones done also.
Wednesday evening I brought home the last pieces for the Summer Fun Night quilt and on Thursday afternoon and Friday I got it all put together, quilted and bound. I finished the binding on Saturday evening. We will find out who gets to take it home next Sunday at the church picnic.
Thursday morning my two friends and I helped the daycare kids tie the quilt. They had a good time and so did we! I came home and got it trimmed and bound and got the binding finished Friday evening. We started selling the drawing tickets for it on Sunday morning. The drawing will be held sometime in late September or early October.
Friday afternoon my daughter and the kids arrived full of energy. We have been busy since! Saturday after a haircut for the granddaughter we stopped by the bluegrass festival to see what was happening and to see the quilt hanging on the stage. Forgot my camera so I will have to wait until the official photos are posted on the website. It was our first really hot day this summer (I know, it is August!) so we didn't hang around too long. 


Craft night is cancelled for tomorrow so the kids and I are going to do some crafting tomorrow. I have the leftover fabrics with fusible web on them from the summer fun night quilt so I am going to let them each create a quilt and hopefully, I can get them finished before I take them home next Monday.

No comments: