Monday, August 29, 2011

It's Relay Day!

(not sure what happened but this never got posted I guess so better late than never!)


My husband and I spent Memorial Day weekend with our kids. This involved a drive across the state and an even longer drive home due to traffic issues! But we did have a great time with everyone! We were missing the grandkids so it was great to spend 2 1/2 days with them. We are looking forward to having them here with us for a week soon. As a bonus we got to see my sister and her husband and their second son!


Before leaving I got these two baby quilts finished. I just need to let the person who commissioned them pick which one she wants and then get the label on it.
Here is a close up of the quilting - a meander with little flowers. It isn't as obvious on the front of the quilt but it adds a lot to the back!
I got this hat in the mail to my niece just before we left. I am hoping she is happy with it. 
I have had a request for another owl hat so I need to get yarn in the right colors and then I can get it going. Maybe that will be something I can work on during Relay.


Yes, our local Relay for Life is this weekend - starting at 6 this evening. As co-captain of our team I will be there at 3 to get our site set up and will probably stay through the night until the closing ceremony at 2 tomorrow. I have almost met my fund-raising goal but would appreciate any donations to help in the fight against cancer. I am walking to honor all cancer survivors and in memory of all who have lost their battle against cancer, especially my brother, mother-in-law and sister-in law. You can donate online right here.


I got the purple top basted and quilted yesterday and I am about half way around on the binding. I would love to have it done Sunday so I can deliver it to my customer but that will depend on whether I get any sleep tonight at Relay! I will post a picture when it is done.

2 comments:

Gmama Jane said...

Hello Lucy
I am writing a tutorial on my blog about spool quilts. I came across a picture of a quilt you had done in a flickr group of a spool quilt. I would like to show examples of spool quilts and use your picture. Of course I will give you full credit. Please let me know ASAP if this is acceptable.

I am posting my tutorial as Guest Blogger at sewwequilt@stashmanicure.blogspot.com on Sept. 15th. I hope to hear from you soon.
Blessings
Gmama Jane
Jane Hillis
http://grandmamasstories.blogspot.com

susan said...

that owl hat is too stinkin adorable. your niece will love it. yay for finishing two baby quilts! which one to the lady pick?