Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Keeping My Hands Busy!

As you can see here, 
I have been busy crocheting! These are the latest owl hats that I finished up in the last couple of days. I have orders for 6 kids hats for one person and an adult hat for another person. I also need to get several done for sale at the quilt show in March. Luckily, they are very simple and can easily be worked on while watching TV or riding in a car. In fact, on Sunday I worked on a couple while riding in a bus down to Portland, OR to watch the Trailblazers play the Cleveland Cavaliers. I am not much of a sports fan but the grandson of some friends of mine is a Cleveland Cavalier so we had a busload of folks that went down to watch him play. There were about 70 us amidst all the Blazer fans rooting for the Cavaliers. A little intimidating to say the least. It was fun to watch him play and even more fun to watch the proud grandparents!


Last week I got 4 of the frog quilts basted and yesterday I did the main quilting on one of them. So far I have stitched in the ditch around each frog. Not sure if I will do more by machine or if I will just add some 'fly' ties along with the eyes. Today I hope to get the binding on the first one so I can take it to quilt guild tonight to do the hand-sewing. I might even get the second one quilted.


We had our kick-off meeting for Relay for Life on Monday which means it is time to get going with the fund-raising. One of our team's main fund-raisers is the quilt show which will be March 10. That means I have got to get busy with the drawing quilt! Because the theme this year is "The Magic of Relay" I plan to do a Harry Potter themed quilt. We will see how that goes! By the way, if you are interested in helping me with my fund-raising you can go here or buy an owl hat from me - I am selling them for $10 and all of the money goes to Relay for Life to fight cancer!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Love the stripey one!

Not Lucy said...

Me too, I am going to have to do more of those!