Thursday, July 9, 2009

Mail Day

I haven't gotten much more accomplished other than finishing the SFRR3 quilt but I did get three packages to the post office yesterday.

The SFRR3 quilt is on its way to its new home somewhere in the world. I can't post a picture of it until it is finished but I can show these pictures since this little quilt has made it home. Here is what I received:At this point it was only 13.5" square and it had 401 individual pieces of fabric in it! I knew it needed a simple border so here is what I gave ita simple mitered frame. You can see it finished here.

I also sent off the two little 5.5" blocks to John for June Baggie Bingo and I sent my second set of 20 color blocks for the Four Seasons Summer Color Block Swap.

Tuesday evening was craft night as usual and I brought my last 12 spool blocks so we were able to get them up on the design wall and now they are on a stack on my ironing board waiting for me to come home and put them together. Then Sally and Nadine are in charge of quilting it and Linnea will do the binding. I think Rebecca is in charge of figuring out what charity it will go to. We are starting to think about what pattern to use for the next group quilt.

Yesterday afternoon hubby and I loaded up the car and headed east to our daughter's home. Today we celebrate our granddaughter's first birthday and hopefully the guys can get their basement window replaced - it has been broken since last fall and right now there is now window - just plywood. Saturday is their town's garage sale day so hubby is looking forward to that - hope he isn't disappointed!

No comments: