Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Oh My Goodness!

It is hot here! Normally the Western Washington area is known for the clouds, cool temperatures and rain but right now it is just plain hot! Yesterday was around 93 and today it is supposed to be hotter. This heat is causing many refrigerators to decide to give up the ghost which means our appliance repair business is hopping. Because of that, I am going to be on the road with my husband for the next few days so we can help as many people as we can and maybe still get home at a decent time. That, in turn, means that I will not be getting much sewing done!

Over the weekend I did finish all the blocks for a round robin I am in with my sister. I had six here to work on and they are all done! They were the last six I had to work on. Three of them are now complete and ready for our reveal, the other three are on their way to Montana. Pictures of these will have to wait for the big reveal when we all hope to get together at my sister's house in Idaho.

Now I need to get to the blocks for the Quilt Block Exchange. I got my first two for July in the mail yesterday. This first one is a bonus block from my daughter, Chelsea. We bought the green fabric at a rummage sale together (a scrap for 10 cents!). This little blocks is only about 3 7/8" unfinished. This one is my July block from Chelsea. It will be 4.5" finished.
Last, but definitely not least is this beauty from Isaacsmama. It will be 12" finished.
Mine for July need to be in the mail by the end of the week. EEEEK! For August I am signed up for the anything goes blocks and also for the New York Beauty group.

No comments: