Monday, August 3, 2009

Almost a Quilt

And yet, not! Here is what I worked on this past weekend.

These are all blocks for the Quilt Block Exchange over on flickr. I had not gotten my July blocks done so that was my goal for Friday. I got all but one of the 6 done and finished that one Saturday morning. I was on a roll and made 4 of my August commitment on Saturday before heading into town for some fabric for the remaining ones - I just didn't have the right colors - and a haircut. Yesterday I got three more August blocks done including my first New York Beauty block. They are varying size and color requests for each month and this month there are three of us in a New York Beauty swap. I have always wanted to make a New York Beauty quilt so I figure this is a good way to get some practice and get some blocks made for mine by some of my internet quilting friends. If you are interested in joining this group just come on over and sign up. It is a month by month commitment to make 3-6 blocks a month. It is a fun way to try some new things.

No comments: