Thursday, August 13, 2009

Not just lounging

I have gotten some sewing done too.Though, truth be told, I did have this one done before I hurt my foot. This is the group scrap quilt I put together a couple of weeks ago and I finally got the border on it. Tuesday evening I took it next door to craft night and handed it off to those who will be finishing it. We are really happy with how it turned out.
I also had this one started before the boo-boo but I managed to get it finished on Monday and Tuesday. This is a graduation quilt for a special young woman I know. She will be heading off to college in a few weeks and I am hoping my foot improves so I can get it basted, quilted and bound in time for that day. Luckily the college isn't only about 30 miles away so I can get it to her later if I need to.This is another of my denim quilts made using a modified Kaffe Fassett pattern from his book Glorious Patchwork. Most of my quilts have black strips to put the squares together but I decided to branch out with a pink and white print on this one and I really like it!

Today I worked on cutting more denim for more quilts. I have at least 4 more I need to make and I have enough old jeans/denim to make many more. I really would like to use up all my denim so I can move on to other projects!

2 comments:

Kate North said...

ooh, i love the effect of this with the pink - really sets off the denim.

Hedgehog said...

I am such a sucker for spool quilts - my first (well, second) quilt was one!