Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Where will we put it?

Last week my hubby came home with another sewing machine. This one is a Wheeler & Wilson that is at least 104 years old. The carving on the cabinet is the main reason he went for it, but, we didn't have a W&W machine yet! He has gotten it all cleaned up but I haven't had a chance to test it out. For the first several days it sat in the middle of the great room but last night it found a little corner of the room that didn't already have at least one machine in it!I got the first of the three denim tops quilted over the weekend and yesterday got the binding on it and did the hand-sewing at craft night. Today I hope to quilt the other two and get the bindings on and tomorrow I will sit around and get the bindings on. Hopefully the TDaP (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis) booster I got in my arm yesterday doesn't slow me down!

I borrowed my friend's Cricut to make some things for my grandson for Christmas. He will be 4 next week and is starting to get interested in the alphabet and numbers. Not sure exactly what I will make but hopefully it is something he enjoys learning with!

14 comments:

Chelsea said...

Remind me to try it if it works. I have wondered what it would be like to do all my sewing on a treadle machine.

Not Lucy said...

The other one does work and this one should. You can try it next time you are here.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

What a nice antique. My grandma used to have a treadle machine with a lovely cabinet. I actually sewed a couple of things on that machine (one thousand years ago, that was.) The denim quilts are looking great!

Anonymous said...

Hope I could still get pattern!
Memomonthemove@msn.com

Cherie in St Louis said...

Hi Lucy, I came to your blog via http://www.iquiltforfun.blogspot.com/. I would be grateful to receive the denim quilt instructions, if you are still willing to email them. izoofan2 AT hotmail DOT com. Thank you...your demin quilts are so inspiring :)

Anonymous said...

I just saw your denim quilt on Pinterest and I love it. If you are still sending out the pattern my email is patgroeller@hotmail.com. Thanks

Anonymous said...

Would love this pattern! cdordan@hotmail.com thank you!

Suzan said...

Been hoarding jeans for years looking for the right pattern. Love yours , please email me at ssgsbaby@gmail.com Thank you

Anonymous said...

Love it!! Please email me at sharon_hastings@live.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your continuing generosity! I would appreciate receiving your pattern at
oknonnie at hotmail dot com. Found you through Pinterest.

Anonymous said...

Would love to receive a copy of your pattern. I'm planning to make my son a recycled jeans quilt for HS graduation to take to college in the fall, with jeans I've saved since he was little. I've been mulling over the construction because I didn't want it to get too bulky - this is perfect!
Thanks so much - martamacf@verizon.net

Kalynn's Creations said...

Been searching for a FUN denim quilt and this is IT. Would love to get the pattern.
Thanks
kalynnfail@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I would love to get the pattern for the denim quilt if it is still available please.
roslynabbott@yahoo.co.uk

Anonymous said...

Alicia ~ What a beautiful quilt. Is it still available? kcmoguys@gmail.com