Friday, April 30, 2010

On the road again...

My husband and I got home yesterday after a week in Colorado with his sister who just lost her husband. We had a good visit and hopefully helped her as she adjusts to her new life alone. One of our outings was to several of the many great flea market/antique shops in her town. This quilt was one of my finds. I don't know the age of it but the blocks were hand pieced and then put together and bordered by machine. It is completely hand quilted. Yellow always makes me happy! We got a few other items that you can see here, here and here.

I delivered the two bags I finished last week to my husband's step-sister while we were in Colorado and she loves them. My SIL liked the bags so I am making her one also. We picked up the fabrics while we were there so I will need to get on that soon.

But first I need to get busy and finish some quilts, if possible, as I am heading up a quilt show next Saturday at our church which will be raising funds for Relay for Life.

No comments: