Yesterday I got the second quilt basted and managed to get it quilted too!
I used a sort of meandering vine/leaf pattern. It was fun getting a real chance to use my new toy. I am going to have a lot of fun getting good at it. The quilt didn't move really smoothly but then I realized the back was flannel so I think that was issue. I have the other quilt ready to go to test that theory (it doesn't have a flannel back) but I realized that I don't have a good thread for the quilting. I can use almost any thread on my regular sewing machine but with the new one I want to use only high quality quilting thread. At one of the shops on the shop hop they had King Tut large spools on sale so I bought several colors that I felt would be useful but none of them were appropriate so I headed to the computer and got some on order. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive!
In the meantime, I got a request for a quilt from my cousin in North Dakota so I picked out a pattern and tomorrow I will probably start work on cutting for that. It will be scrappy in greens, browns and tans. My sister will bring some greens for me to work with if I don't have enough in my stash.
Today I also got the binding ready for the quilt that is quilted so I can take that to the retreat to work on also.
Today I had an appointment with my doctor to have my warts refrozen so I am not sure how much I will be able to do tomorrow with one very angry finger on my right hand!