Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Purging

I didn't get anymore quilting done but I have been busy. I should finish that binding this evening at craft night. I did some fabric shopping on Saturday and got a back for another quilt and also a nice green fabric for my stash. On the way I dropped of quilt show flyers with the quilt guild president since I will be missing the March meeting tomorrow since I will be gone for quilt retreat. She asked me about the string quilt blocks that I had promised to make for a charity quilt so when I got home I started working on those. I had been told that there was no rush but they have received a request for graduation quilts for foster kids so it seems there is a bit of a rush. I have focused on those and today finished the piecing. The pattern chosen was for a spider web quilt like this and I made enough for a twin size quilt I think. I have trimmed all the blocks on one side and will finish the other two sides when I get back home or I might bring them along to the retreat.This picture shows the clippings from just that first side!


When I finished those triangles I went through my smallest scraps and purged a lot! They are already in the trash and hauled out to the shed! They will not come back in. I decided I needed new standards for what is the smallest piece I will hang on to. A piece can be no smaller than 1" X 2 - 3". I am sure than many would say that is much too small but I will start with baby steps! I will also try to stay caught up on using them to make up blocks for quilts.

In the last few days I also made about 20 stemware coasters out of some of my 4.5" squares and worked on some mittens.

I realized a couple of days ago that I haven't done a tally of my finishes for January so I will take care of that and February's finishes after the weekend.

My March will be pretty busy with the retreat this weekend, I will be bringing my granddaughter home with me for next week and then the following week I will be at my daughter's being a single mom caring for both grandkids, my dog, the granddog and grandcat for several days. We will see how much of my sanity is left after that! When I am back home from there I will have a week to get the quilt show organized and then a few more days left in the month to recuperate before I have both grandkids here for their spring break. Then I am hoping things will be a little calmer for a few weeks but I am sure something will get planned!

1 comment:

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Nice coasters! And wishing you a good time at the retreat