Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Confessions

A couple of days ago one of my bloggy/quilty friends wrote a post exposing her 'messy' sewing room. I commented that hers is immaculate compared to mine and she asked for pictures. I was going to only share them with her but they say that confession is good for the soul and I am hoping that showing the mess will give me accountability and will get me moving on cleaning things up! I have done a few projects this summer and have worked around the mess but it is time to clean it up to have space to get my fall projects going! 

Here is my cutting table and ironing board side of the room. On the table are some of the remains of all the projects from this summer and all of my Christmas fabrics. On the floor you can see the 11.5 yards of barkcloth I got at that garage sale. Since I took the picture I have started cutting the Christmas fabrics. I have had these fabrics for quite a while and really don't use them anymore so I am cutting it up and I plan to sew it all up at the quilt retreat next month. That will give me another bin to put my stash in!
Here is the other side of the room where the quilting machine is. You can't see it but there is also a huge basket of yarn back there for owl hats and mittens. If I need to do some quilting I move all the bins and baskets to the other side of the room and then move them back for binding, etc. The bins in the foreground are all the fabrics waiting to be made into comfort quilts for church (the first one was given this past Sunday). 
Unfortunately, I have no other space to store all of the bins so until I use up the fabric they will just be in the way so it is time to get sewing and hopefully I will be able post some pictures soon that show some improvement!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Do you have anything under your bed? What about getting bins that would store under there? They even sell them on rollers now...

susan said...

haha you did it!! honestly tho i dont think its that bad. you have floor. you can walk. i dont think its a question of you being messy. i think its that you dont have a LARGE enough space!! hows that for justifying??? ;o/ thanks for sharing your dirty little secrets, and psst, it didnt make me clean up at all! bwahahaha

Phyllis in Minnesota said...

As long as you know where everything is and there's a path to the sewing machine ---- life is good.......so enjoy!!

Not Lucy said...

The problem is Phyllis I can't necessarily find everything right now! I have been looking for a pattern that is somewhere in that room but seems to be hiding!

Mom 2 Monkeys said...

Sorry, mine looks even worse. But I'm in the reorganizing mode and like I've told my husband - it's going to get worse before it gets better !