Friday, May 11, 2012

Change of Plans

Right now, if things had gone as planned, I would be playing with my grandkids. Instead, I am recovering from a stomach bug. I got sick on Wednesday evening and yesterday I laid around a lot and ate little. I am improved today but only back to about 80%.


The plan was to spend the weekend on the other side of the state so we could watch our oldest daughter receive her Masters degree in Plant Science but we will just have to hope someone takes pictures for us. We were also delivering a desk to our son and some planters for him to use for his balcony veggie garden. but I guess that will wait too.


My hubby is taking advantage of time off to get things done. Yesterday he helped #2 daughter finish installing her door and finished planning out the rafters for my garden shed. Last weekend we got the siding on all 4 sides.
Here is the view from up on the loft floor. Can you see Lucy curled up on my jacket?
Today Hubby and #2D are working on getting those rafters up.
I spent several days this past week or so cutting pieces for more comfort quilts. The bin I pulled out had lots of blues and greens so I found a pattern to use and cut out enough blues, greens and background for 2 from that pattern and there are extra pieces I will use for another one or two tops from another pattern. I started sewing up the first one and if I am feeling up to it I might get some more done today.

I have been able to spend some time outside. The garden looks pretty great. I got the squash, pumpkins, cucumbers, dill and zucchini planted and the peas, beets and lettuce are up so we might get some produce this year if the weather keeps up. There is still lots of work to do but once I get myself back to normal I will be out there working at getting it all done.


No comments: