Thursday, May 17, 2012

Construction in two mediums

In spite of me feeling a bit under the weather my garden shed is getting closer to completion. Our SIL was home for a few days and with his help and the continued help of our daughter, the rafters were finished and the plywood is all up. 









It sounds like it shouldn't take too long to get the roofers out once the roof is ready. It sounds like the garage door should be available next week sometime so maybe that will be our Memorial Day project.


The kids headed out for a short getaway to Sequim, the Dungeness Spit and Port Angeles on Monday and Tuesday and I continued to recuperate and did some sewing. I finished up the first comfort quilt from the blues and greens. I am really happy with the results and look forward to finding some other patterns that will work well with this bunch of fabrics.
I finally got a picture of the second graduation quilt so here it is.
I don't think I have shared the pictures of the baby quilts I worked on for such a long time! Here is the one for my great niece in Maryland. Her mom sent me pictures of her enjoying some tummy time on her quilt.
Here is one of the frog quilts for the boys. Remember I made 5 tops, 4 of which have been finished and delivered to their new owners. I understand that the boys especially like the eyes. 
Hopefully I don't decide it is a good idea to make 5 tops of one type again anytime soon, especially one that involves 16 frogs with 32 eyes!

No comments: