Thursday, January 22, 2009

135 blocks, 8 mitered corners, 2 completed tops

You know how you procrastinate when you have a task to do that you don't really relish? And then, you get into it and it really wasn't as bad as you made it out to be in your own mind? Well, last night and this morning I finished up the two Road to Jericho quilt tops by adding the borders. The fact that the borders are three strips and then are mitered were the parts I didn't like. It all worked like magic but I dreaded it. As you can see they turned out great. This is the smaller one at about 74" X 92". The other is about 82" X 92". Tonight I think I will work on getting the backs done and then I can schedule some time at my friend's house on her new long arm machine. If that goes well I have SEVERAL other tops to turn into quilts before the quilt show in March!

4 comments:

Trisha said...

What a gorgeous quilt! I love all the color with that black fabric. Incredible!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Congrats--what a super quilt

The Calico Cat said...

NICE! That pattern has been on & off of my to do list!

lej619 said...

this is really pretty