Saturday, April 4, 2009

Deadlines

I looked at a calendar and realized that my first due date for a quilt is April 24 or really a week before that! And I really hadn't started it yet so I figured I had better get to gettin'! This quilt is the one I am doing for a private school's auction and it is the primary class' contribution to the auction. Before spring break the kids were supposed to draw pictures that demonstrate "The Fruits of the Spirit" (Galatians 5). The drawings I have received so far have not inspired me greatly so I decided to 'free-piece' the 9 'fruits'. Then, I can add in what pictures I get (I think they are going to work on it a bit more this week) to make a quilt. Technically I am not free-piecing since I drew out the letters but I just get so confused even with the paper so it is best this way!

Here are the 4 I've done so far:

Love

Joy

Peace

Patience

That just leaves 5 more: kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. I am going to be heading across the state for the first part of this week to celebrate my boy's 19th birthday but I hope to finish the last five once I get home.

1 comment:

Rosalyn Manesse said...

these letterings are beautiful