Thursday, July 21, 2011

Biting off more than I can chew?

I hope not! I am feeling a little stressed but I think it is just that there are so many projects hanging over my head. I am prepared but there are a lot of unknowns involved.


On Monday our son returned from his trip to South Korea to visit his girlfriend. It sounds like he had a good time but since he is here and his computer is at his apartment on the other side of the state we will have to wait for pictures until he can do some downloading and editing. 


His girlfriend's mom sent these beautiful fabrics for me. I am not sure what exactly I will make with them but I am toying with making a wallhanging for me and a matching one for her to thank her for taking such good care of the boy. She also sent this cute little bag that she made (look at those cute little prairie points).


My son brought me this beautiful sample of traditional Korean handwork made from silk. I am hoping my husband will make a frame for me so I can hang it on the wall.


Silly me, I volunteered to make a quilt for our church's 'VBS' program this year. We are doing it on 5 Wednesday evenings and as part of the adult class I am having people help me make a quilt. My niece, Katie, designed a quilt in 5 parts and I get to figure out how to make it work in fabric. This was last night's section which is very loosely based on the story of Moses in the basket in the river.
Today I got next week's section ready to go since I volunteered for another project. This one is making a quilt with our church's older day care kids. I got all the pieces cut out from donated fabric and the goal is that each child will make a 4-patch block which will be put together to make a LWR quilt top and they will help tie it. I also cut out pieces so they can each make a little 8.5" 'quilt' to take home if we have enough time. We will work with them for 2 hours each on Tuesday and Thursday next week.

No comments: