Sunday, July 15, 2012

Good Weekend

I got a good bit done this weekend and even had some time for reading!


Four loaves of bread came out of the oven yesterday and I got the kitchen tidied up some. Even cleaned out one of my cabinets!


While the bread was rising I swept the great room floor and started laying out a quilt. By the time I was done I had 4 quilts basted. I might have done more but I would have had to start piecing backs and I just wasn't in the mood! 


When all that was done I decided I should get something done outside so I mowed inside the fence and then pulled out the weed-eater and ran through 2 tanks of gas. I was pleased with what I had gotten done and I was pooped!


After church this morning I headed into the sewing room to do some quilting. I quilted all four of the quilts that got basted yesterday. Nothing fancy but they are done!


My shoulders were a bit tight so I laid down and finished the second book in the Hunger Games series and then headed out to the garden. I did the last decent picking of strawberries and picked the peas. When all was said and done I had about 5 1/2 cups of shelled peas. Pretty exciting to get some home grown peas in the freezer!


After dinner I got the quilts trimmed and ready for their bindings. Should be able to get at least a couple of those on tomorrow after work.


This week I have a lot I need to get done including those bindings and weeding and roto-tilling the whole garden. It isn't bad but if it doesn't get done this week it will be out of control!

No comments: