Friday, July 27, 2012


So I don't have pictures of finished quilts to share or even shots of quilts in progress because I have not spent much time in the sewing room. I did get those bindings done and the weeding and the roto-tilling but as of last Sunday I have done almost nothing. That is because I was preparing for surgery this past Tuesday. It was time to 'have my lady bits removed'. 

I spent Monday on a clear liquid diet which included a couple of bottles of Magnesium Citrate. Let's just say I would rather not have to do that again! Early Tuesday my husband and I headed to the hospital and by 8 I was in the operating room. This was my first time to be in the hospital for anything other than having babies. Also my fist time to be knocked out for anything. Evidently, the surgery went well. All I know is that one minute the anesthesiologist was telling me to think of my favorite place to relax and then next thing I know I was waking up in recovery! I do remember that the OR nurse was a quilter who had just finished her first king size quilt though.

The good news is I have not had any pain really. The worst thing is my abdominal muscles are not happy so changing positions is not too fun but last night I was able to sleep on my side for the first time so I slept better that I had been. 

Miss Lucy is very happy to have her mommy sitting or lying around all the time so she can stay close! I have my daughter and niece here taking good care of me, making gooseberry jam, picking peas, watering the garden, making fancy dinners and fetching and carrying things for me. The doctor says no lifting for 8 weeks. 

I am hoping today to actually start working on those 4 bindings as I watch TV so maybe I can get the girls to take some pictures of some finished quilts for me soon!


The English Ladies! said...

Glad to hear everything went well. Speedy recovery and enjoy the time to just relax!

doodlebugmom said...

Wishing you a speedy uncomplicated recovery. I had my lady parts removed a few years ago (smartest thing I ever did!). Went back to my full time job 10 days later, so I suspect you will feel better quickly.