Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Another Crazy Week (and a half)!

How time flies when you are crazy busy! Let's see, my niece, Brita, was here for most of a week. We didn't get great weather for working outside but we did get good sewing weather. I got two comfort quilt tops finished and Brita cut out two quilts I need to have done by August. The first was for the Olalla Bluegrass Festival and will hang on the stage behind the bands and other acts. At the end of the day they will auction it off to raise money for our local community club. The other is for my friend's Margarita Fundraising Party for the Susan G. Komen 3-Day. They are both from the same pattern but very different colors. I got one top done and the second one started before she headed back home to Idaho. The pattern we used creates leftover HSTs and Brita even trimmed all of those and I made them into some cute little blocks.

Well, Brita left on Sunday and on Monday, our oldest daughter and her husband arrived for the Holiday week. The kids had a sleepover at Katie's house and came over on Tuesday. I started my temporary job on Monday and boy, do I know why I don't want a full-time job anymore! We had a fun day on the 4th and celebrated our granddaughter's 4th birthday (her actual birthday is today). I made her birthday cake - very similar to her brother's half-birthday cake last month - SPIDERS!
Our gift for her was this little shirt and tu-tu that I made out of tulle, ribbons and pom-poms. She is a twirling dancer, nothing she likes more than spinning round and round!
Had to add this picture of our oldest on the helicopter on our 'playground'. She did have a bit of trouble climbing back out!
When she wasn't goofing off, she and her hubby were working on cutting wood into skinny pieces to make a boat!

I realized I hadn't gotten around to posting a picture of this little quilt. It is the one I made as a retirement gift for the person whose job I am doing now. She is a huge fan of Orcas so found a picture online and adapted it for this quilt. She was pleased with her gift.
I haven't presented the following gift but I don't think it's recipient has the time to read my blog right now. She is busy holding her new grandson and playing with his older brother! She gave me the photo in the lower left corner of the picture and told me I should make a quilt for her like it. That was probably 1 1/2 years ago and I finally got around to doing it. I am hoping she approves.
I am hoping to get caught up to date but I think it will have to wait until tomorrow or the next day!

No comments: