Saturday, July 14, 2012

Some Quilt Pictures

The weather has warmed up here (as usual for our area, that happened on July 5) so I took some quilt tops out to the clothesline for a photo op. This is the one for my friend's Susan G. Komen fundraiser. The pattern is Christmas Ribbons from Kim Brackett's Scrap-Basket Surprises.
This one is for the bluegrass festival and is also from the Christmas Ribbons pattern, just different color choices.
This is the little quilt made from the leftover triangles from the bluegrass festival quilt. It is an adaptation of the pattern Ice Cream Sundaes from the book Friendship Triangles by Edyta Sitar.  
The pattern was for a wall hanging with about 10 blocks or something and I could make 57 blocks from the leftovers. I drew up an alternate layout and discovered I needed 59 blocks so I quickly made up two more blocks, found some fabric for the setting triangles and figured out how big they should be (thanks Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville for the formula for figuring that out) and started putting it together. Since this picture was taken I have gotten the strips sewn together but haven't moved on to the border since I need to do some more figuring so I can add red to the green to extend the points out into the border. 

I finished up a second week of work and while I still am not excited about a full time job I am seriously considering a half time job. I just have to decide if I want to be a church secretary or a bookkeeper more. Each choice has its benefits so it is not an easy decision!

Today is a day to get things caught up around the house. We need bread and I have not had a day at home to make a batch or two; the kitchen is a fright as are several other rooms and maybe I can get a quilt or two basted. I would love to get 6 basted but we shall see if I have the time and energy!

No comments: