Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Lots of Blocks

I've been spending a little time in my sewing room. I have lots of individual blocks to make for various exchanges/round robins. These first three are for the February Quilt Block Exchange over on Flickr. #1 is for Mary who asked for larger blocks to be made into quilts for preemies at her local hospital.#2 is a second block for Mary - it's a good cause! These are both 15 1/2".
#3 is for Wendy who asked for a Red, White and Blue blocks that will go into American Hero Quilts. Another good cause.
I have one more block to get made for this month and I plan to have them all in the mail by the end of the week.

My niece came over on Saturday to bring her block and her mom's block for one of my Quilt Block Round Robins. So far I have gotten a block done for my niece's (the green/brown/blue one) and hope to get my sister's done later today. I can't show what I make for these as we keep them secret until the big reveal at the end of the year. I have pictures of more of the starter blocks here.

I am working on getting things ready for the retreat next week. I have almost all of my little HST's ready for the Lady of the Lake blocks and then I just need to get everything packed up 'neatly' in bins/baskets and ready to go. I will also have to get my machine, cutting tools, notions, etc. packed up.

No comments: