Wednesday, October 8, 2008

3, 4 and 5 of 7 are done!

I have all my swap minis about ready to mail now. I think they turned out great but can't show pictures until they get to their new homes. It is hard to show just a peek of something that is only about 6-8" square as it is! I am also nearly finished with my SFRR2 border so I will have one large pile of packages to get to the post office sometime soon!

I did a little sewing this evening putting together a few more scrappy blocks. I ran out of one size of squares so I will have to stop at 27 blocks for now. I also worked on trimming down all my half-square triangles for whatever I do with them. I think they will be going with me to the retreat so I might have news in a week or so!

I am trying to decide what to use as the center blocks with these fabrics for log cabin blocks. One half of the blocks will be these prints, the other half will be neutrals. Traditionally red is used as the center of the block but several of the fabrics are pretty red so I don't think they will stand out as much so I was thinking yellow, or black, or even dark brown or dark green. What do you think?

No comments: