Monday, November 10, 2008

A little of this, a little of that

I have been a little under the weather so it is harder to get things done - I seem to just want to sit around! So Saturday I took advantage of that and got some computer work done and then I got the binding on one November Mini and got the labels done for it and my DQS5 quilt and even whipped up a cute little number for my second November Mini and got it sandwiched, quilted and bound. Since Chelsea took my one Pfaff that was working well I had to decide on another machine to use so I tried out my 1956 Singer 301. It was really amazing! So quiet and did such a nice job of stitching and even free motion quilting!

Saturday evening I was at a friend's house for a candle party so I didn't get anything more accomplished but Sunday I decided to do some sewing on log cabin blocks and got a good start on 12 more blocks using the black strips. When I was tired of that I went out to the living room and watched some TV and did the hand-sewing on the two mini's bindings and got the two labels stitched on.

Today I had to take my car in for an oil change and on the way home I picked up the mail - I had three quiltie packages! It was almost like Christmas!

This first one is my October Mini from Lin in Thailand! That is one of the coolest parts of all the swaps - you get packages from great quilters all over the world! I just love this little house.

This next one is from Marilyn in California. There are so many fun details in this quilt - the more you look the more you find. This is Marilyn's first month in the Mini Quilt Swap and I look forward to seeing what she comes up with in the future!

This last picture is my quilt from Another Little Quilt Swap 2. It came from Trish up in Ontario. It was definitely a 'pink' mail day. In fact, two of the 3 quilts were wrapped in the same pink tissue!

After I was done looking at all my fun mail I got 4 quilts packaged up and in the mail to their recipients. I will post pictures when they get to their new homes. I goofed a little in that I mailed my Spring Fling Round Robin 2 quilt today and it wasn't supposed to go out until next week but there's not much I can do about it now. I was worried it might get lost in the sewing room and not get sent at all!

1 comment:

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Charming little quilts! so cheerful