Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Quick Update

Again it has been almost a week since my last post! We left home Thursday afternoon for a visit with the grandkids (and their parents and uncle too).

Yesterday I spent most of the day talking to customers and getting them scheduled to get their appliances repaired. Why do people wait until three days before Thanksgiving to get their oven fixed that has been working poorly for 6 months? Why do people decide to self-clean their ovens right before Thanksgiving? Do they not know that when the oven is self-cleaning it goes up to 800-900 degrees and is more likely to break down? Okay probably they don't know that but they should! Self-clean your oven when you know you aren't going to need it for at least a month just in case it dies and needs a part that has to come from the factory!

Today we have had some calls but not as many as yesterday - thank goodness! Because of that I was able to spend most of the morning working on log cabin blocks. I finished the next batch so I have 35 finished now! I have the center squares cut for the next 12 so I hope to get some done on that this afternoon. There is still quite the pile of 1 1/2" strips to use up so I am hoping I will be able to make at least a total of 63 but I can't be sure. Since the blocks will be finished at 8.5" I should be able to make a fairly decent sized quilt with lots of layout options.

Time to get in the shower and head out to do some math tutoring. Later!

No comments: