Friday, November 28, 2008

Much to be thankful for!

We had a really great Thanksgiving with our son (home from college) and our niece. They both arrived around 6 pm on Wednesday and we headed out for dinner at the local Mexican restaurant and then went up to the mall so the son could get a new phone (his old one was giving him some problems). I ran in to the book store and got a few books to take over for the grandson next week when he has dental surgery.

Thursday morning I got up and cleaned up the kitchen from making chex party mix, dinner rolls and bread on Wednesday and started right in on further dinner preparations. I made sure the turkey was thawed and got it ready to go in the oven and slipped it back in the fridge and then got started on pies.

When the pies were done my niece and I ran a couple of errands and then came home and got started on the project for the weekend - fabric sorting. We got all the boxes down from the attic and sorted it out so that there was one kind/size/quality of fabric in each bin or box. This included sorting three bins of scraps!

Here is what we ended up with today when we were done.I found a couple more bins in the attic so I didn't have to use the open boxes and all of these went back in the attic but at least they are sorted and labeled so I can pull down one box at a time and work my way through them. Most of this will become Lutheran World Relief quilts but the flannel might be for Project Linus. I did have one box that is going to the thrift store and a small amount that is nice fabric either in larger pieces or scraps that will be incorporated into my stash. Some made it way to the trash because it was just to small. A box of corduroy stayed down to be taken care of soon and there was quite a bit that will become 1.5" strips for more log cabin blocks and lots for crazy quilt blocks.

Our Thanksgiving dinner was one of the best I have made I think (thanks to Katie's help) and the pies were, by far, the best I have ever made!

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Some people have so much energy! I can almost smell that pie baking.