Friday, May 29, 2009

Quilt basted, top finished

I gave up on the pin basting on the sewing table - I was getting some tucks in the back. Today I set up the old fashioned quilt frame in the great room and got it basted in no time - why don't I do that more often - so simple!

Didn't feel like getting started on the quilting so I put together the baby quilt top. It was going to be too big so I only used 9 blocks.I think it is pretty good but I am anxious to put together the other 7 blocks and see what I can do. Then I will choose one of them to send to little Helen.

This morning my husband and I went to an estate sale nearby and I got a KitchenAid mixer for $20. It is the kind that you raise and lower the bowl and I have been contemplating buying one but couldn't talk myself into spending that kind of money when I have a perfectly good 30 year old Harvest Gold 'tilt head' type KitchenAid. This made it easy! We also got three decent deck chairs for a total of $9 and a nice 3 drawer file cabinet for $15.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Love the quilt top...What size are the little squares. They look to be 2 1/2 inches.
Hubby and I LOVE estate sales and auctions. I have gotten some realy good deals over the years.

Not Lucy said...

The small squares started out 2.5" so are 2" finished.