Friday, June 4, 2010

Not much to show

I have been busy in the sewing room but nothing new in the completed pile. My goal right now is to get a bunch of doll quilts and baby quilts made to have for sale at Relay for Life next week. I think people would buy them since all the money goes to the American Cancer Society. So in the last couple of days I have gotten 4 doll quilt/table topper/wall hanging tops together and the backs and some of the bindings are ready also.

I started out using some leftovers that I got from other people, then I moved on to some 4-patch blocks I got in a swap and now I am working on the leftover fabrics from the totes I have made.
I kind of got stalled on my fifth little top because I need a 45mm rotary cutter to use with my new toy - a Double Diamond ruler. I want to use it for the sashings for at least one of the doll quilts. So I had to set that one aside until tomorrow or later. I pulled out the next tote fabrics and I have all the pieces cut for the next top and it is laid out on the ironing ready to be sewn in the morning. I have found that I will get going on my sewing a lot quicker in the morning if it is ready to go.

I still have fabrics for more little quilts but I am thinking I will get at least the 4 I have ready sandwiched and maybe quilted and get the bindings on so I can do the hand sewing on those once the t-shirt quilt is finished.

There are rumors that the weather might be nice tomorrow so I might do something outside if it dries out enough.

No comments: