Friday, June 11, 2010

Off to Relay

I got the 7 little quilts finished and it is time to pack things up to head to Relay for Life. I also need to get the labels on those other two quilts before I go. I am just having trouble getting inspired when it is raining outside!!!!! It is supposed to stop today but it doesn't look promising! We do have a couple of shelters to set up but the field is going to be wet!
The first four quilts here are made from leftovers from some of the totes I have made. You can see some detail pictures over at flickr. One one I used my new Double Diamond Ruler to make the sashing. I think it turned out pretty well though I did get a couple of puckers in the quilting in the borders. I especially like the quilting on the toile pinwheel quiltlet.

The next two little quilts were made from leftover blocks that I received from someone(s). I found some fabrics to put them together in my stash and scraps. The Christmas-y one has holly leaves quilted into the snowballs.

And last but not least is the one I made from a pile of 4-patch blocks I made/received in an online swap. It will make a great doll or baby quilt for someone.

All in all, I am pleased with the results of my scrap busting I didn't have to buy anything to put these together and I hope to raise some funds for Cancer Research.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I dropped by to say an Aussie hello from Spring Fever.

I am enjoying looking at blogs like yours, with so many creative talented people around!!

Regards,