Saturday, February 19, 2011

Quilt done and shopping

The quilt for Relay for Life is finished as of this evening. Hopefully we can get a picture of it tomorrow so I can post a picture here.

My sister is here for the weekend so we did some visiting and then we headed out to see if there was anything interesting in the antique stores in the area. I found this very cool antique cabinet that will be in my sewing room once it is cleaned up a bit. I don't know if it is going to be for fabric, scraps, thread, patterns or projects or maybe a combination of several of those. It will be fun to figure out this next week.

Yesterday as we waited for my sister's plane to arrive we went to a used book store and I found a copy of Scrap-Basket Surprises by Kim Brackett. Pretty exciting! Now I have more ideas for quilts, which might not be such a good thing!

No comments: