Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Quilt Kits

I got the coveralls all taken care of and the fabric all pressed. As I worked on getting the fabric all put away I needed another bin so I emptied one that had groups of fabric I had special plans for. I realized that this was the perfect opportunity to turn those projects into kits for the upcoming quilt retreat. I got three taken care of this afternoon. Now to see if I can wait until the retreat to start sewing!

This kit uses some sock monkey fabric that was given to me a while back. I found a pattern to use and added a couple more fabrics and cut out what I will need for a baby quilt. I should have enough for the back and binding in the kit so I need to make sure I bring along some batting.

This kit will use some golfing bear fabrics that I have had for ages! Again, I figured out a pattern and got things cut out and ready to go. I think I have enough for borders and backing for this one too.

This one is not cut out yet but I do have a plan. Several years ago a friend gave me several Mary Engelbreit fabrics black/white/yellow/green with Life is Just a Bowl of Cherries on one. I have been kind of waiting for a good time to make a fun quilt out of these and this is the time. I have a plan but it will be kind of figured out as it comes together.

Now I need to get going on the yo-yos for the relay quilt while we watch a little tv this evening.

1 comment:

Rosalyn Manesse said...

What a good idea, I ought to be more organized