Sunday, March 25, 2007

Neutral with a splash of color

Possibly my new favorite color combination - neutral with a splash of color. My second quilt top in this combination. The first is a row by row round robin top that I have waiting for hand/machine quilting. I really hope to get some of my tops quilted this summer. First though, I have a few things that have deadlines. This is one of my denim tops; white, cream and tan denim with red violet strips in between. The idea came to me the other night when I was trying to fall asleep and amazingly, I remembered it in the morning after I got up. That does not always happen you know.
I don't know if I will get much more sewing done this week as I get my sewing room cleaned out for company. I hope to finish up a couple of projects that just need some handwork but we shall see.
If I get the cleaning done early I might work on some scrappy crazy quilt blocks to get rid of my smallest scraps. Here is a picture of a quilt I made from some of the crazy quilt blocks for my grandson, Layden. It is one that stays here for him to use for play or naps or tents or whatever.

No comments: