Monday, December 3, 2007

It's beginning...

I have gotten started on Christmas decorating. These three little trees were our alternative Christmas tree three years ago which was the last time all three kids were home for Christmas. That was before our last remodel and the thought of having a Christmas tree taking up space when everyone was home just didn't seem like a good plan.

The last two years we have been away for Christmas for Layden's (grandson) birth (December 22) and his first birthday so we really didn't get the house decorated at all.

This year our oldest daughter, our son-in-law and grandson will be here and I want to go through all my decorations and decide what to keep and what needs to go away. So this is my first box that came down. I used some Christmas fabrics to hide the trunks a bit.

The picture isn't great but the best I could do what with limited light from outside (it is stormy here) but it gives the idea.

Our weather here since Saturday am has been interesting at best and downright nasty at worst. Western Washington is making headlines with this storm. Out our house we had an inch or two of snow on Saturday. That was demolished by rain Saturday evening. Sunday morning brought more snow followed by warming temperatures and rain all afternoon. Overnight the wind and rain got heavier and have continued this morning. Because we are on a hill our house isn't affected much but Larry is stuck in Bremerton because the roads out of town are flooded and closed.

With the weather and my cold it has been a great time to just sit and do some hand-quilting!

3 comments:

Angie said...

They look so lovely! I have two small trees, with only the lights on them. I'm trying to decide if this will be the year that I buy a large, pre-lit artificial tree. I ALWAYS have a large fresh-cut tree. Will I be really disappointed if I don't get my usual fresh tree? :P

Not Lucy said...

We switched to an artificial tree quite a few years ago due to fire danger (we used to heat with wood and one year our tree dried out so much that it burned in less than a minute when we took it outside on Christmas morning and lit a match!). We got ours before they did the pre-lit thing though! We might borrow one from a friend that is taller than ours since we have taller ceilings now. One of the nice things about an artificial tree is you can keep it up as long as you want!

Knitted Gems said...

Your trees are very pretty. I just love Christmas. Hope you enjoy the day with your family!