Sunday, January 27, 2008

Two days in a row

Not only am I posting for the second day in a row (something I haven't been so good about recently), I also worked in my sewing room for a second day. I got my second block done today - this one is the blue flowers. Tomorrow I hope to cut out the pieces for the rest of the flower blocks and maybe the 9-patch blocks too. I think I will need some more of the fabrics for border since I only bought 1/2 yard pieces of everything except the background print.

I think I am going on a road trip soon down to Portland's Fabric Depot to look for the brown fabric I need for a couple of quilts and also fabrics for a quilt for my sister-in-law. I saw a quilt in the last Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting. It is called Victorian Stars. She wanted an Ohio Star quilt and she likes victorian type things so it is a perfect choice.

Well, I don't have time to write about my swap quilt so I guess that will give me something I can post tomorrow!

4 comments:

Rosalyn Manesse said...

The quilt blocks are so pretty, and I admire your skill in making these complicated designs.

Andrea said...

These are amazing. I wasn't sure how you'd done them but when I clicked for a close look I see they are some kind of folded patchwork. Very unusual.

Anonymous said...

I love these blocks. The curves are beautiful.

Rebecca said...

these are really pretty... even I think so.