Sunday, February 4, 2007

I don't think there is a patch for this one.

I had my quilt top done before the third quarter was over. During the last quarter I might get the next one's layout done.
Some think I am a little crazy for all the denim quilts I make. I blame my problem on my sister. She got me started when we made graduation quilts for our 2001 high school grads. I was hooked right away.
I have tweaked the pattern a little. It originated as a Kaffe Fassett pattern pictured on the front of his Glorious Patchwork book. I am not sure who adapted it for denim with black strips but I just love the look.
I have made numerous quilts using this pattern, including a king size, queen size, extra long twin and 4 handbell table covers. I have used the pattern with other fabrics besides denim and they turn out well but my favorite is plain blue denims from a wide variety of old jeans. I started out tying the quilts but I have now perfected a method for machine quilting the lap quilts using my Pfaff on my sewing table. I have given about 40 to foster kids in our county for their high school graduation, several have been baby quilts, 2 went with the youth from our church to Mexico to give to the two families they helped build homes for, and on and on and on.
I think it probably could be considered an addiction but I don't think they have rehab for this addiction.

6 comments:

Shelli said...

I love, love, love it!

I want to make one similar. I probably could just wing it, but if you had a pattern to share, I'd be oh, so grateful!

Unknown said...

I love he stained glass jean quilt could you please send me the pattern I would really apreciate it My email is ervena1@gmail.com

LOTTIEFLA said...

What beautiful work you do! I would like to try this pattern also, please. If possible, would you send the pattern to me at lottiefla@msn.com. I am very grateful for your kindness.

Jim and Anna said...

Would love to make a demin quilt this is awesome would love the pattern jimandanna@gmail.com thanks anna

Unknown said...

Love it! Are you still able to e-mail the pattern? I would love to have it! jenniferherrmann@outlook.com

Anonymous said...

Love it would love to have the pattern. carter.veale@gmail.com