Monday, October 15, 2007

The secret is out

Here is that project I couldn't talk about. It is a redo swap quilt because the first one I sent in September never made it to my swap partner. I was not obligated to make another but I felt bad for her to not receive one so I made this. It is one of the blocks from my Out of the Darkness quilt pattern made in fall colors. I think it turned out pretty well and I am glad that Darlene got it in just a few days!

I am continuing to work on the outer borders of the OOTD quilt. I am getting close to having all the blocks done for them and I hope to get the put together in the next day or two so I have the top done and can move on to getting the wall quilts quilted and finished so they can be put up at the daycare/preschool.

In the midst of my sewing I am answering pages for our appliance repair business, doing research on freestanding gas stoves, looking into getting our piano appraised so we can sell it, finding someone who will reupholster our antique couch, getting the business books into the computer so we can have taxes done this year and getting Jakob ready for his time in New Zealand.

Well, I guess I should stop typing and get to work on something on that list!

4 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

What a sweet quilt. I love the fact that it looks like appliqué, but it's pieced. I'm sure Darlene will be thrilled.

Sherry said...

Multitasking Queen! Love the Swap quilt and you are very good to redo! What a nice person!

Quilting Pirate said...

what a great idea for a small quilt - these are great blocks for this purpose. I love your color choices!

Not Lucy said...

Thanks all for visiting and commenting. I am thinking of making some of the blocks for Christmas gifts for table toppers but depends on how much time I have to get it done!