Friday, October 12, 2007

A little more progress

Here is my progress on the Out of the Darkness quilt. (I know this picture looks a little strange - it is because I hung the quilt upside down so the picture has to be upside down to make the butterfly right side up. Confusing, I know!) I realized as I looked at the center panel hanging in my sewing room that the purple buds should have come to a point so I ended up ripping it just enough to fix those before I added the wreath blocks around it.

This quilt uses a different process for piecing than any I have used before which makes me actually read the directions but the nice thing is that all the measurements come out right all the time if you do read the directions. The green and black strips around the center panel that I had cut in advance of any piecing actually were the right lengths to add on each time. Kind of a novel experience.

I am very pleased with the quilt so far but I am not sure I will ever use the pattern again other than maybe making the individual blocks for table toppers or wall hangings.

4 comments:

Knitted Gems said...

I've watched this quilt grow on your blog from the beginning. I admit I had my doubts, but to see it now. Wow, it looks beautiful!

ROZ said...

Astounding. Love it.

Not Lucy said...

Thanks! I am working hard on those outside borders! Lots of little pieces!

Verry Sherry said...

Wow! that is gorgeous!