Sunday, June 15, 2008

Thrifty

I had a very productive day today. After church, I had a quick lunch, changed my clothes and headed outside. First I roto-tilled my berry patch. The strawberries are just loaded and if we get some sunshine I could be busy picking and freezing. I transplanted my wonderberries down there also and got the whole shebang watered after Larry fixed my sprinkler. Then I cleaned out my raised beds again and replanted carrots and lettuce and added zucchini. We shall see if anything decides to sprout this time. I still had energy left so I did some weeding in the flowerbeds. There is still lots to do after the recent wet weather but it isn't too bad!

Well, that was enough outside work so I got cleaned up some and went to the sewing room. The obvious first project was the little doll quilt top that I had laid out on the ironing board. I couldn't really do much until that was put together. Don't you think it turned out nicely? I figured I still had enough pieces left to put together a back for it so that was my next project. It is pretty fun also! The doll quilt will be my offering for Doll Quilt Swap 4 and is 16" X 20". The back is a little bigger - possibly enough bigger that I will be able to use it for the binding also. We will have to wait and see on that one!

When I was done with the back there were still 55 pieces left and I decided to play with them and see what I could come up with. Here is the result using 54 pieces. There is still one left and I will use it as a part of the back for this mini. This little cutie is 9" X 12" and I will probably hold on to it and use it for the Mini Quilt Swap sometime when it is appropriate. Convenient that I have the top done already!

Now I need to get the Four Seasons Quilt Swap Summer quilt finished and also my June Mini!

No comments: