Tuesday, July 29, 2008

And a little something extra

I got the balloon quilt updated to my satisfaction last night and this morning got the border on and mitered. If I were doing it again I would make the balloons without as much background around them and add background as I put the balloons together. Luckily, it wasn't that hard to add more balloons! Tonight at craft night I will work on the embroidery of the name and vital statistics. I think I will quilt it and add the ropes that hold the balloons to their baskets after.


When I finished my mitered borders I again had some tails left over so I put them together into this frame. I think I will make one more balloon flying over some hills, applique it to the frame and put it together for an auction sometime.

Last night, while watching some TV I finished making 4-piece strips out of my 1.5" squares. Now I can put all those strips (192, I think) together for the borders of the Ludvina's Legacy quilt top. I ended up with at least 2 extra little squares which will have to be used on the label I guess. I may have more if I made too many strips. I might get around to laying that out tomorrow.

I finished sanding down that bed frame yesterday and my hubby got the primer coat on it. I bought the paint for it today but it is a bit rainy out so it will have to wait a day or two for the final coats. I look forward to getting it in the house and making the bed using some of my quilts! I think it will look great!

1 comment:

sMC said...

I can now comment without fear of you guessing your swap partner. I love the idea of the balloons what a delightful quilt.