Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Busy Day!

Yesterday morning I just had to get at least one of the blocks for my next quilt done before I headed out for the day. I decided to do two to try out two different methods of putting them together. (Not the best pictures - it was from my phone) It was hard to turn off the sewing machine and head into the shower!

After my shower I got some things together to join the local quilt guild at a charity quilt sew-in. It was a great opportunity to use up some more of my smallest scraps. We are making spider web blocks seen here on Bonnie Hunter's site. Here are the 22 blocks I got finished while I was there.
I took home enough foundation pieces to finish enough blocks for a full quilt. Luckily, there is no deadline to get this one finished. I am hoping I can work a little on it each week to get them done sooner.

After dinner and a little rest time I had enough energy to head into the sewing room and do the first stage on the rest of my blocks. I got those pressed and then laid out my next step.

Once I have my coffee I will head into the sewing room and get to work. My other project for today is cooking up pumpkin. We used pumpkins for decorations at the wedding and I just can't let it go to waste so I will cook them up and get most in the freezer for pumpkin pies and pumpkin bars and pumpkin bread. I am thinking I might even get some pumpkin bread made today.

No comments: