Friday, September 12, 2008

Incommunicado

My daughter, son-in-law and grandkids are visiting his folks this weekend so as they are out of cell phone range and only have slow dial-up at his parents house, we just won't really hear from them until Sunday evening or Monday. So, I decided to post a couple of pictures of them to keep a smile on my face.

This first one is my little granddaughter, Clara. She is now nine weeks old and just too adorable (in my opinion)! She is shown here modeling her new sweater, knit by her mother! Now, you might not be amazed by this but let me explain that my daughter was not really the domestic type until just recently. She did learn how to sew, knit and crochet as a child but she just wasn't interested. Give her a book (or a pile of books) and she was happy as a clam. She recently figured out that she was reading Tolkien sometime around 3rd grade! Now she is making quilts, baby carriers, clothes for the kids and knitting - from a pattern, no less! She still reads like crazy too, when she gets a chance!

Our next model is sporting his new buzz haircut and climbing on farm equipment - his favorite type of jungle gym! This shot was taken at the county fair last week. In another shot you can see the ferris wheel and other rides in the background but he is happiest right where he is! He is just 4 months from his 3rd birthday but is hoping his tractor driver's license will come through any day! He has recently started demanding that his mom call Grammy on the phone so he can chat. He is even starting to hold up his side of the conversation a little.

Finally, I will leave you with a shot of the first two sides of the house that are completely painted! I have the back long side finished with one coat and will work on getting totally finished over the weekend. Speaking of finishing - I guess I had better get out there and get to work!

No comments: